There’s no denying that meals are incomplete without a small bowl of curd, and in most households curd is set at home by following a traditional method.
But there are days when this curd is prepared in excess. Well, if you too feel bad discarding leftover curd, then here are some easy ways to reuse it. Read on to find out…
1. Smoothies: Blend leftover curd with fruits, honey, and a bit of ice for a creamy and nutritious smoothie.
2. Marinades: Use curd as a base for marinades for meats, poultry, or tofu. The acidity in curd helps tenderize and flavor the protein.
3. Salad dressing: Mix curd with herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to create a tangy and creamy salad dressing
4. Parfait: Layer curd with granola, fresh fruits, and a drizzle of honey for a healthy and delicious parfait.
5. Baking: Substitute some or all of the buttermilk or milk in baking recipes with curd. It can add moisture and a subtle tang to cakes, muffins, and pancakes.
6. Frozen yogurt: Freeze leftover curd with fruits and honey to make homemade frozen yogurt. No ice cream maker required!
7. Popsicles: Pour curd into popsicle molds, add fruits or fruit puree, and freeze for a cool and healthy treat.
8. Face Mask: Curd has natural moisturizing and exfoliating properties. Mix it with honey and oatmeal to create a homemade face mask for soft, glowing skin.
9. Hair conditioner: Apply plain curd to your hair as a natural conditioner. Let it sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing for soft and shiny locks.
10. Buttermilk substitute: In recipes that call for buttermilk, you can often use curd mixed with a little water as a substitute. Add a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice for extra tang.